Friday 7 February 2014

Poem - Our Lord


In the Lord’s arms, I find love and comfort


Under his outspread wings, I take my refuge


In His presence, I find abundant grace and mercy


Flowing from his throne is wisdom – free of charge


Sweeter than honey is the fountain that quenches my thirst


Through his precious blood, I am forgiven and purified – O yes I am sanctified


The power of his name torments enemies – they flee in haste


By His Spirit, I am helped and encouraged – drawing my strength


Through his angels, I am served and protected


In His word, truth is discovered – truth about the why’s and how’s


In His way, I follow - the path that leads to life eternal


Beautiful is His face – how I wish I was in His presence


Praising Him day and night with the heavenly hosts


Because in His presence, there are no tears or sorrows


On His mountain, Mount Zion – there’s joy unending – where my hope resides.

No comments:

Post a Comment